Claire Allen's Haddock Chowder Recipe
HADDOCK CHOWDER - SKINNY CHEF
- 50g Butter
- 4 big leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Generous pinch nutmeg
- 1L milk
- 250ml cream
- 1 box Frozen Haddock Steaks, skinned
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 400g baby spinach, washed
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups mashed potato
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, add the leeks and garlic, and cook gently until they are translucent and soft, then add the nutmeg, stir through then set aside.
- Gently poach the haddock steaks in the milk for 8 minutes.
- Season with the black pepper.
- Stir in the cooked leeks, baby spinach, spring onions, parsley and mashed potato.
- Stir well and heat until the spinach has wilted.
- Remove from heat and serve with fresh bread and butter.
Image: Hazel Mathias, WOMAG